A Portales woman told police she was kicked, raped and held captive for two days, escaping only when her assailant left her alone to attend his anger management meeting.
Frank Stroud, 49, of Portales was arrested Thursday morning on charges of kidnapping and criminal sexual penetration, according to Portales police.
According to the arrest affidavit:
• A Portales officer responded to the Hartley House in Clovis on Wednesday, regarding a domestic violence victim there.
• The victim told the officer that Stroud confined her to a residence.
• The victim advised that during her confinement, her phone was taken away from her by Stroud.
• The victim said Stroud told her to have sex with him and she told him no. Stroud then kicked her left leg, leaving a large bruise.
• The victim advised that she gave into Stroud’s demands for sex so that she could avoid further physical injury from him. The victim said his demands continued for two days.
• The victim advised that Stroud would block her way out of the room when she wanted to leave and would keep the door locked so that others could not enter.
• The victim said she was not able to get her phone until Tuesday, when she had to go with Stroud to Hartley House for his anger management classes.
• While Stroud was in his class, the victim said she was able to get away and contacted law enforcement for assistance.
Stroud was being held at the Roosevelt County Detention Center, as of Thursday afternoon, on a $75,000 cash bond.