Curry County Commissioners took the following action Tuesday during a meeting at the Clovis Carver Public Library:
• Approved Commissioner Wendell Bostwick’s request to send the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service updated data assembled by an landowners advocacy group regarding the lesser prairie chicken.
• Approved a request to apply for a $50,000 grant to update the county’s comprehensive plan.
• Approved a detention policy allowing jail inmates on a 48-hour federal immigration hold to be released anytime they are able to post bond.
• Appointed a committee to work with Cannon Air Force Base on base planning and land acquisition issues.
• Approved a revised community custody program policy. County Attorney Steve Doerr said it doesn’t make any more jail inmates eligible but does streamline the process of placing eligible inmates on the program.
• Approved a request to place six pieces of obsolete equipment up for online auction. Bid minimums are set at $500 for each, according to County manager Lance Pyle.
• Approved an update to the operating budget for the Events Center and fairgrounds.
• Approved a request to renew a resolution declaring a fire danger emergency. The resolution limits most open burning to certain agricultural uses.
• Approved a request to take another look at possibly adopting a health and safety ordinance.
— Compiled by CMI projects editor Robin Fornoff