The Clovis City Commission will meet 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Agenda items include:
- Allocation of an existing .25 percent gross receipts tax for street repairs. The money was freed up in part to the gross receipts tax created Jan. 1 solely for the Eastern New Mexico Rural Water System.
- Annexation of a 593-acre tract of land that includes the site for the future Gattis Middle School.
- A budget transfer of $292,232 for irrigation, pumping and roof repairs and the Colonial Park Golf Course. The money all comes from park renovation money acquired last year with a bond renewal.
- An ordinance introduction to accept a grant/loan of $4.1 million from the state water trust board. The money comes as $2.47 million grant and $1.645 million loan with no interest and a .25 percent administrative fee.
- A task order of $10,165 from Camp, Dresser and McKee of Albuquerque for construction oversight at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Approval of usage of Ned Houk Park, and a request for a waiver of fees, for the Relay For Life May 11-12.
- Membership in the Eastern Plains Council of Governments for 2012-13, with membership dues of $7,502.
- A request to use $1,283 in Justice Assistance Grant money to buy a fingerprint/palm print scanner for law enforcement.
- A request for usage of the sand area of the Hillcrest Park Zoo for a sand volleyball league May 7-July 16. The league would run Mondays when the zoo is closed.
- A waiver of dumping fees from noon Friday to noon Monday at the landfill in conjunction with the Great American Cleanup.
- Street closures for the following: Noon-5 p.m. June 15 and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. June 16 on Sycamore Street from Fairmont Court to 14th Street for the Clovis Soapbox Derby; 5 p.m.-10 p.m. June 1, 10 a.m.-midnight June 2 and 10 a.m.-9 p.m. on Davis Street Between First and Second Streets and Second Between Edwards and Davis Streets for Our Lady of Guadalupe Fiesta.
- A request for a noise variance 7 p.m. May 19 to 1 a.m. May 20 for a birthday party at 3008 Thornton Street.
- A request by W.T. Denton employees to hold a 5K fundraiser run at Hillcrest Park 8 a.m.-11 a.m. July 4.
- A request to waive fees for a Deliverance Temple Ministries Elevation Rally, scheduled for 3 p.m.-9 p.m. June 4-8 at Potter Park. Park rental fees are $200 per day.
- Setup of a schedule and a fee structure for the splash pad at Hillcrest Park. The facility would be open Tuesday through Sunday in three two-hour blocks of 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 1 p.m.-3 p.m. and 3 p.m.-5 p.m. Suggested admission is $1 per person entering the facility.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson
Agendas are available online at http://cloviscitynm.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx