Here is a sampling of police, sheriff and fire call logs:
• 7:31 a.m.: Call in reference to a stray dog chained to a tire. Dog has dragged the tire and gotten wrapped around the caller’s porch swing. Caller has tried to help it but it growls at her, 200 block of Circle Drive.
• 8:43 a.m.: Caller reported a man tried to steal gas cans from driveway. Caller caught the man walking away with gas cans and man dropped the cans and ran to his vehicle, 100 block of Rosewood.
• 11:53 a.m.: Caller reported that a male battered her in her home , 900 block of Christopher.
• 12:36 p.m.: Call in reference to a male going through caller’s things. Caller was uncooperative and refused to give any information to dispatch and disconnected, 1300 block of Merriwether.
• 1:07 p.m.: Call in reference to graffiti on a building, 400 block of Llano Estacado.
• 1:28 p.m.: Call in reference to two female minors in custody for shoplifting, 3700 block of North Prince.
• 1:57 p.m.: Call in reference to two small plastic bags with a white substance in them laying in the road, South Prince and Lockwood.
• 3:34 p.m.: Call in reference to a female who was arguing with a juvenile who was jumping on the back of her mail truck, 100 block of Columbia.
• 5:02 p.m.: Caller reported window was broken out by two juveniles throwing rocks, 100 block of East Plains.
• 6:49 p.m.: Caller reported someone took her credit card and has been making charges, 1000 block of Mitchell.
• 9:49 p.m.: Caller reported someone stole his mom’s purse from the house while they were at the store, 500 block of Hinkle.
• 10:42 p.m.: Caller reported an unknown woman is banging at his door and he wants her gone, 800 block of Connelly.
• 2:11 a.m.: Caller reported he sees people taking TVs from a house and then hung up, 2200 block of East Seventh.
• 7:35 a.m.: Call in reference to a male with a bag or a large piece of wood pointing it at cars, 700 block of Thornton.
• 7:50 a.m.: Caller reported she backed into her neighbor’s vehicle, 1100 block of North Lea.
• 10:59 a.m.: Caller reported her son got angry and punched a hole in the wall and threw her phone. She told him to leave and he went running down the road, 3600 block of County Road 18, Melrose.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Benna Sayyed