CMI staff photo: Alisa Boswell Hoyt Skabelund of Plains Regional Medical Center speaks at the United Way of Eastern New Mexico’s annual banquet Tuesday night, telling his audience that the time they give volunteering in the community is the most precious commodity. “To me, what we’re gathered here for today is very real and personal,” he said.
United Way of Eastern New Mexico held its annual banquet Tuesday night in which local businesses and individuals were honored for serving and supporting United Way.
United Way Executive Director Erinn Burch said UWENM’s fundraising goal for 2011 was $1 million and will continue to be $1 million for 2012.
The organization raised $575,418 in 2011.
Top 10 Curry County pacesetters to support United Way of Eastern New Mexico:
• Plains Regional Medical Center: $98,286
• Clovis Municipal Schools: $60,318
• Allsup’s Convenience Store: $39,700
• Plateau: $20,307
• Cargill Meat Solutions: $20,000
• Xcel Energy: $19,113
• City of Clovis Administration: $16,897
• Citizens Bank of Clovis : $12,754
• Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation: $12,715
• Cummins Natural Gas Engines: $9,304
Top five Roosevelt County pacesetters to support United Way of Eastern New Mexico:
• Eastern New Mexico University: 18,857
• Portales Municipal Schools: $14,280
• Roosevelt County Electric Cooperative: $10,848
• Sunland Peanuts: $7,099
• Southwest Canners Inc.: $3,861
• Thom Moore for serving as campaign chair in 2011.
• Jason Hennessy for serving as president in 2011.