Cameron (13-9, 9-7 Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (13-12, 6-10)
• When: 7:30 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena.
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9.
• Last time out: The Aggies have been idle since dropping a 68-65 overtime decision at Incarnate Word on Feb. 11. The Greyhounds lost in overtime on Saturday to Texas A&M-Commerce 67-62 at Greyhound Arena.
• Last meeting: The Aggies bolted to a 19-4 lead in the first 10 minutes and cruised to a 72-57 win on Jan. 11 at Lawton, Okla.
• Of note: The Hounds, who have dropped four in a row, will have senior G and scoring leader Reggie Nelson back from a two-game suspension, giving the team nine active players. Nelson ranks second in the LSC in scoring and FT percentage (88 percent) and leads in 3-point shooting (44 percent). … Coach Andrew Helton said Tuesday that none of the team’s four injured players is likely to return before the LSC tournament, scheduled for next week at Allen, Texas. … The Aggies are locked into the No. 5 seed in the eight-team LSC tourney, while ENMU needs a split this week to move up from No. 7 to No. 6. … CU started 7-1 in LSC play, winning the last seven as part of an eight-game winning streak, but has since lost six of nine. … The Aggies are 5-5 on the road, including 3-5 in the LSC. … CU has one of the better players in the conference in 6-foot-1 senior G Milton Garner, who is leading the team in scoring (an LSC-best 19.4 ppg) for the third consecutive year. He shoots 80 percent from the FT line and 37 percent from 3-point range. Also averaging in double figures is 6-8 junior F Vinicius Telo of Sao Paulo, Brazil (16.4 ppg). … Garner’s father played football and his mother played basketball at the University of Kansas. … Devon Crabtree, a 6-3 junior G, has taken 103 of his 113 shots this season from 3-point distance. He’s shooting 30 percent from long range and averaging 4.9 ppg.
Cameron (15-8, 11-7 Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (9-15, 7-11)
• When: 5:30 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena.
• Radio: KSEL-AM 1450.
• Last time out: Both teams won at home on Saturday, the Aggies downing Texas Woman’s 54-48 and the Zias edging Texas A&M-Commerce 58-53.
• Last meeting: Cameron beat the Zias 59-47 at Lawton on Jan. 11.
• Of note: Zias coach Lindsey Wilson said Tuesday that senior G Kiara Tate, who sustained a neck injury at the end of Saturday’s game against Commerce, is expected to play in tonight’s game. … The Aggies started 12-2, capped by a 10-game winning streak, but like the men have dropped six of their last nine. Their 11 LSC wins ties for the most in the program’s history. … CU, which leads the conference in scoring defense (55.9 ppg), stands 5-6 on the road (4-5 LSC). The Aggies need a win or an Angelo State loss this week to nail down the No. 4 seed in the conference tourney. ENMU needs one win, or a loss each by Texas A&M-Kingsville and Abilene Christian, to get in. … Sabelle Diata, a 6-1 senior F from Senegal, averages 14.9 ppg and leads the conference with 9.4 rpg and 64 blocked shots. She earned her fourth LSC defensive player of the week honor this week. … Three others average in double figures — 6-1 senior F Julie Paunovic (13.8 ppg), 5-8 junior G Alexis Williams (11.8) and 5-6 senior G Nicole Pendarvis (10.1), who is second in the LSC with 125 assists (5.4 apg). … CU’s top five players have each started 22 of the Aggies’ 23 games and account for more than 87 percent of the team’s scoring (1,254 of 1,434 points).
— Compiled by Dave Wagner