The Clovis City Commission will meet 5:15 p.m. Thursday in the north annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Agenda items include:
- A presentation of a proclamation proclaiming Jan. 16 as "Martin Luther King Day."
- A contract change order to cover labor and materials involved in the extension of the runway at the Clovis Municipal Airport. The total amount, already in the department's budget, is $415,300.45, with the city picking up $10,382.52.
- A proposed agreement for the city to work with Sid Strebeck for the installation of a sewer trunk line to connect to the new middle school site at the corner of Thornton and Wilhite. Strebeck donated land to the school district, and owns land around the school site. The city would contribute to upgrading the sewer trunk line from 8 inches to 12 inches.
The agenda also has a separate right-of-way agreement with Curry County for the sewer trunk line.
- A hearing to transfer a liquor license to the Allsup's convenience store at 1320 N. Prince St.
- A hearing for a governmental liquor license at the Curry County Indoor Pavilion/Food Barn, located at 600 S. Norris.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson