PORTALES — A pair of Portales High graduates are among the seven new members of the Eastern New Mexico University Hall of Honors.
The list of honorees was released Monday.
• Jeff Howard, son of current ENMU offensive coordinator Mike Howard, played linebacker for the Greyhounds from 2002-2005, earning was an All-American honors as a senior.
• Laci Lee was an All-Lone Star Conference selection as a junior when she averaged 14.6 points, seven rebounds and 2.7 assists per game. She is 17th on the Zias’ career scoring list.
Howard and Lee are married.
Other inductees are:
• Terry Cron — played tight end and punter for the Hounds in the early 1970s. Cron also won three Texas state football titles as a coach.
• Terry Leatherwood — competed in rodeo in 1978-79 season, finishing second at the College National Finals rodeo in calf roping and team roping.
• Dallas McMann — was a three-time first team All-Lone Star Conference catcher (2001-2003). He is the career leader at ENMU in hits, doubles and total bases.
• Lindsay Schiely — led the Zias’ volleyball team to the Lone Star Conference semifinals and the NCAA Tournament in 2004, earning first team All-LSC South honors.
• Gary Robbins — a former House representative, Robbins was instrumental in reinstating the Greyhounds’ baseball program in 1992, and has been a strong supporter of the Zias’ softball program.
This year’s inductees will be honored Oct. 28 with a dinner, and also will be recognized at halftime of the Greyhounds’ football game the next day.
The ENMU Hall of Honors was instituted in 1984 and includes 164 (including this year’s inductees) former athletes, coaches and support staff.