• Today’s Focus: Mrs. G
• Household members: 4
• Children: 3
• Special Circumstance: Mrs. G. and her family had to leave their house in May because of black mold. They had to start all over because everything had to be thrown away. Her twins are very ill because of the mold. One of the twins ended up on a ventilator and had to be put into an induced coma. Now she has severe asthma.
• Her Holiday Hope: To enjoy a nice and quiet Christmas.
• Clothing Needs: Pants size 7 and shirt size 8 boys; shoe size is 2 youth; pants and shirt size 10 girls; and shoe size 3 youth.
• Toys list: Tech Decks, games, dolls and doll clothes, educational toys.
• Who’s helped: Around 500 families who’ve asked the Salvation Army to help make Christmas special.
• Donations: Can be dropped off at the PNT, 101 E. 1st St., or mailed to P.O. Box 88, Portales, NM 88130. They can also be dropped off at the CNJ, 501 Pile St., or mailed to P.O. Box 1689, Clovis, NM 88102. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Empty Stocking Fund.” Checks must be payable to “The Salvation Army.”
Contributions will be forwarded to the Salvation Army office, 317 E. Second St., or gifts may be purchased for specific children by choosing an Angel tag off trees located at North Plains Mall and Wal-Mart in Clovis.
If you would like to help “Mrs. G,” call Jim Gallop at the Salvation Army at 762-3801.