Seven people were recognized with awards during a Nov. 6 banquet hosted by the Melrose Chamber of Commerce.
President James Townson said the banquet was the first held by the chamber in two years and attendees enjoyed dinner entertainment from Ronnie Fouts and Neil Delk, as well as the company of distinguished guests state Sen. Stuart Ingle of Portales and District 63 Rep. George Dodge.
The following awards were given:
• Randy Lesly — Chamber Workhorse
• Lance Pyle — Business Award
• Jodie Boyd — 2009 Citizen of the Year
• Joe Reed — 2010 Citizen of the Year
• Lodie Hester, Juanelle Scott and Kay Fraiser — Appreciation recognition for caring for the plants along Main Street through the summer and planting a flower bed at the post office.