The Clovis City Commission meets 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the north annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Agenda items include:
• Proclamations celebrating the Clovis Music Festival and the upcoming Constitution Week and 19th annual Clovis/Curry County Ethnic Fair.
• A resolution to authorize redemption of $112,000 in industrial revenue bonds issued three years ago to the Clovis Biodiesel plant. The plant is 95 percent complete, but the company does not plan to finish the project due to market conditions. The company intends to sell the plant.
• Election of two positions to the Parks and Recreation board.
• Permission for a street closure from 5:15-9:30 p.m. Sept. 18 for the “Jump Up” religious procession. Sean Ferreira, who requested the event last year, has a route on Pile Street from Fifth to Second streets, moving to Main Street from Second to Fifth streets. The request also includes a noise variance.
• Approval of closure of Main Street between Fourth and Sixth streets 4-11 p.m. Oct. 1 for a cage fighting event.