A 24-year-old Cannon Air Force base airman remained in critical condition Thursday afternoon at a Lubbock hospital a day after he was injured in a motorcycle accident, according to a Cannon spokesman.
Staff Sgt. Brandon Seals of Cannon public affairs said he could not release the airman’s name until his next of kin had been notified because of military procedure.
According to a Clovis police report:
• Dara Prak was found lying in a yard in the 200 block of La Salle Drive around 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Police believe Prak, riding a 2005 Honda motorcycle, was traveling northbound on Echols Avenue and lost control as he approached a curve in the road.
• The motorcycle traveled through two yards and hit a tree.
• Prak was transported to Lubbock for a possible broken clavicle, arm, ribs and spinal injuries.
• He was wearing a helmet and other items of safety equipment.
• Police cited driver inattention and excessive speed in the report as possible contributors to the crash.
• The accident is listed as under investigation and no citations have been issued.