CNJ Staff Photo: Tony Bullocks Interim police chief Mike Ingram arrives on the scene Wednesday afternoon of a shooting at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.
Shots were fired, but no injuries were reported during an incident at Clovis’ Kentucky Fried Chicken on Wednesday afternoon.
A KFC manager said the shooting occurred near the restaurant’s drive-thru.
“One of our employees’ ex-boyfriend was trying to shoot at her (current) boyfriend,” said Manager Rosie Wesley, but added, “nobody (really) knows what happened.”
Wesley said she was not present during the shooting, which occurred about 4 p.m.
Wesley said there were no injuries and by evening business had resumed to normal levels.
Clovis Interim Police Chief Mike Ingram responded to the scene with investigators, but said he had little information. He said there were no known injuries, police have suspects, but he did not believe any arrests had been made by 6:30 p.m.
He referred questions to Capt. Patrick Whitney, the department’s public information officer.
Whitney did not return messages left on his office or cell phones.
Police responded to the restaurant after a report that three shots had been fired.
Investigators could be seen on the south side of the building marking holes on an exterior wall near the drive-thru window and placing markers on the pavement in the same vicinity.
Officers on the scene declined comment.