Nov. 23, 1977

The Clovis Police Department received new uniforms in a shade of dark blue called “L.A. Blue,” named after the Los Angeles Police Department’s uniform colors. … The Clovis City Commission decided to sidestep federal regulation and re-install traffic signals at the 10th and 14th street intersections on Prince Street, claiming the intersections were dangerous. … Long John Silver’s, 1101 Mabry Drive, offered a meal and collectible pirate’s crew cup for $1.59.