Oct. 26, 1929

Construction of the second and final unit of the First United Methodist Church on the corner of Main and Seventh streets was to begin immediately, according to the Rev. J.C. Jones, pastor of the church. … The Gas Company of New Mexico reported gas would be available in Clovis by Jan. 1. … Mrs. J.D. Allred, 617 W. Fifth St., claimed to cure an illness through the “scientific” method of magnetic massage.