Sept. 1, 1975

The first animals to show up at the Curry County Fairgrounds were those in the dairy herd of Friona’s Dale Hart. … The Sea Food Shop, at 1005 W. Seventh St., was under the new management of Sam and Sheryl Eldridge. … The Clovis-area office for the Corporation in Action for Minority Business and Industrial Opportunity (CAMBIO) celebrated the opening of business at 103 E. Sixth St. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.