* At Fort Sumner, Elida retained the District 3-1A lead with a 103-60 thumping of the Foxes as five players scored in double figures for the Tigers (18-2, 3-0 district), led by junior Ever Varela with 27 points and senior Caleb Widner with 20.
Fort Sumner (4-11, 0-2) stayed close for a quarter, trailing 23-20, before Elida pulled away. Sophomore Berry Stinnett was the Foxes’ high man with 19 points.
* Dora put four players in double figures, led by junior guard Wesley Skelley with 19, and the Coyotes rolled to a 69-34 victory over host Melrose in District 3-1A. Seniors Ryan Craig, Casey O’Connor and Clay Smith added 12, 11 and 10 points, respectively, for the Coyotes (12-5, 2-1), who opened a 22-6 lead after one quarter.
Sophomore forward Call Barnard led the Buffaloes (2-16, 0-2) with seven points.
* In District 2-2A, Dimmitt held host Muleshoe to 18 points in the first three quarters and registered a 49-33 victory over the Mules. Junior Garrett Riley paced the Mules with 12 points, including a pair of 3-pointers.
* Drew White led Tucumcari with 18 points as the Rattlers defeated Floyd 75-62.
Josh Villegas and Curtis Simpson each added 16 points for Tucumcari.
Jesus Davalos poured in 33 points and Chet Chenault chipped in 11 to pace the Broncos (9-8).
* Freshman Jocelyn Swann scored 20 points and Clovis Christian held on for a 36-32 victory over Logan in District 4-1A action at Logan.
The Lady Eagles (10-8, 2-2 district) held Logan to three points in the second quarter in building a 21-13 halftime lead. Sophomore Jennifer Schaap also reached double figures for CCS with 10 points.
For the Lady Longhorns (4-11, 2-2), senior guard Brittany Cox had eight points.
* Farwell ran away to a 20-point halftime lead and cruised past Bovina 54-35 in a District 5-1A tilt at Farwell.
Laura Martinez, Britton Barrett and Salida Edwards all had eight points for the Lady Blue (11-13, 3-4), while Shelby Christian and Hayley Fowler added seven apiece. Jessica Bachicha scored 14 points and Lucero Saucedo added 10 for the Fillies (10-13, 1-6).
* At Muleshoe, the Lady Mules opened a 20-point halftime lead and went on to beat Dimmitt 68-56 behind a career-best 21 points, including three 3-pointers, from junior forward Cholov Hernandez.
Senior guard Kate Lepard added 14 points for the Lady Mules (16-11, 7-3). Dimmitt (7-16, 2-7) closed to within seven by outscoring Muleshoe 19-6 in the third quarter, but got no closer.
* Fort Sumner took over the District 3-1A lead, upending Elida 37-26 at Fort Sumner. The Vixens (9-4, 2-0) dominated the second quarter 15-2 for a 21-12 halftime lead over the Lady Tigers (16-3, 2-1).
Laurel Herrera and Bree’Anna Lucero scored 10 points each for Fort Sumner, while Janice Taylor and Shanna Anthony paced Elida with six points apiece.
* Floyd put together a 28-point fourth quarter to beat Tucumcari 57-39 Friday night at Tucumcari.
Alexis Benoit tallied 15 points to lead the Lady Broncos (9-8). Sam Montano matched her for game honors with 15 points for the Lady Rattlers.
* Junior guard Taneil Roberts scored seven points and three teammates — seniors Zanessa Dodd and Lauren Widner and junior Toni Burdine — added six apiece as host Melrose (11-7, 1-1) posted a 40-29 District 3-1A victory over Dora (4-13, 0-3).
— Compiled by CNJ staff