* Texico routed Melrose 68-39 at Melrose.
Daniel Schueler scored 27 points and Brett Anderson added nine points as the Wolverines (14-3) outscored Melrose in every quarter.
Adam Hairgrove led the Buffaloes (2-14) with 12 points, and Call Barnard netted 10.
* Bovina edged host Olton 53-52 to remain unbeaten in District 5-1A.
Jesus Rocha sank three 3-pointers for the Mustangs (8-7, 3-0 district) and totaled 21 points, while Jeremy Vasquez added 10 points.
Olton’s Mike Synatschh scored 15 points, and teammate K.C. Soliz recorded 13 points.
* Texico blew out Melrose 51-26 on the road.
Lady Wolverines junior Bryn Mayfield connected on two 3-pointers en route to a game-high 11 points, and senior Leslie Vannatta chipped in nine points for Texico (14-4).
Taneil Roberts paced the Lady Buffaloes (10-6) with 8 points. The Lady Wolverines held Melrose scoreless in the second quarter to open a 19-point halftime lead.
* Thanks to sharp 3-point shooting, Olton beat Bovina 62-49 in a District 5-1A game at Olton.
The Lady Mustangs nailed seven 3-pointers on the night. Jessica Bachicha had 26 points for Bovina (10-10, 1-3) to lead all scorers.
* Also in District 5-1A, Farwell ran away to a 64-26 road victory over Hale Center.
Freshman Tiffani Jones had two 3-pointers and scored 14 points for the Lady Blue (10-11, 2-1), who outscored the Lady Owls 21-6 in the second quarter for a 22-point halftime lead. Junior Shelby Christian added 13 points and senior Britton Barrett 12 for Farwell.
Michelle Newton scored 10 points for Hale Center.
* At Amarillo, host River Road pulled into a tie for second with Muleshoe in District 2-2A by holding off the Lady Mules 56-53.
Jessica Siegle scored 17 points and Tori Velasquez added 16 for the Lady Wildcats, with each hitting a pair of 3-pointers.
Muleshoe, which erased a 10-point deficit after three quarters to lead by one on a 3-point play by Cecilia Reyna with three minutes left, was led by 12 points from Kyra Kimbrough.