* Texico (5-1) led 17-14 after one quarter, but dominated host Farwell (3-7) the rest of the way to advance to tonight’s championship game. Sophomore Jordan Broome scored 19 points and freshman Seth Bailey added 13 to lead a balanced Wolverines attack, while the Steers’ top scorer was junior Ross McClaran with eight.
* Friona outscored Vega 17-7 in the third quarter and advanced to the championship game with a 46-37 victory over the Longhorns. Junior Sawyer Reed scored 11 points for the Chieftains, while the Longhorns (7-3) got 12 points from senior Brittan Gruhlkey in a losing effort.
* The Clovis junior varsity rode 12 points each from sophomores Brian Pierson and Arthur Calbert to a 56-16 victory over Melrose in a consolation semifinal. The Buffaloes (0-5), held to seven field goals, were led by junior Wesley Holloway’s four points.
* Bovina (3-3) also advanced to the fifth-place game with a 55-49 victory over Grady behind 16 point from senior Jeremy Vaszuez and 13 apiece from junior Trent Quintana and sophomore Jesus Rocha. The Bronchos got 14 points from junior Brian Blackburn, 13 from senior Jett Sours and 11 from freshman Jimmy Lampley.
* The Vega Lady Longhorns moved into tonight’s championship game, holding on to beat Friona 38-35. Senior Carly Johnson netted 13 points for Vega (11-1), while the Squaws were paced by 11 points from senior Staci Murphree.
* Melrose (4-1) erased an 11-point halftime deficit to nip the Clovis junior varsity 41-40 in a consolation semifinal. Junior TaNeil Roberts led the Lady Buffaloes with 12 points, while sophomore Callie Bunce scored 10 points for the Lady Wildcats (4-4).
* In the other consolation semifinal, Grady saw a 28-14 halftime lead slip away before outlasting Bovina 52-49 in overtime. Senior Jennifer Franklin scored 22 points and junior Kat Grau added 12 for the Lady Bronchos (1-3), while the Fillies got 14 points from senior Jessica Bachicha and 13 from senior Hilda Quintero.
— Compiled by CNJ staff