Scholarships still available
The deadline to submit an application for the Foundation for Rural Service College Scholarship is Feb. 3.
Applications are available at area high schools, ENMR Plateau retail locations, at www.enmr.com or by calling 1-800-432-2369.
Applicants for the scholarship program must meet the following criteria:
• Be a graduating high school senior.
• Be from a rural area and receive their local landline telephone service from ENMR Plateau.
• Be accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
• Have at least a C grade-point average.
• Express an interest to work in a rural community following graduation.
OfficeMax, Inc. plans to close stores
OfficeMax, Inc. has announced plans to close 110 of its retail stores as part of a restructuring aimed at strengthening the business, according to company officials.
Clovis store manager Heather Montoya declined to comment on the report.
Spokesman William Bonner said the company is still determining which stores will close and will contact those stores at a later date.
Application deadline approaching
The deadline to sign up for the Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP) and the Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program (WHIP) is Jan. 27.
Applications are available in Clovis at 918 Parkland Drive.
EQIP is a volunteer conservation program, which provides technical assistance to agriculture producers seeking to mitigate natural resource concerns such as soil erosion.
For information, contact the Clovis field office at 762-4769, ext. 3.
Business Digest is compiled by CNJ staff writer Tonya Garner. She may be contacted at 763-6991, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org