PORTALES — Women will find plenty of activities Saturday during Women’s Day Out at the College of Business on the Eastern New Mexico University campus.
There will be more than 60 seminars from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. under the categories of home garden, family, health, hobbies, beauty, exercise, personal and professional growth. There are seminars such as interior design, digital photography, yoga and relaxation, breast examinations and birth control.
The event is sponsored by the Portales Women’s Club and Freedom Newspapers of New Mexico.
“Women can bring their friends, sisters, mothers and daughters to the event,” Noel Bartl, Portales Women’s Club president, said. “They can leave the housework for another day. They can come out and treat themselves.”
Carol Hardin, chairwoman of the event, said even though the Women’s Day Out is designed for women, men can also attend to learn about health, photography, aerobics and watch cooking demonstrations.
The event will raise money to repair the roof of the Portales Women’s Club building.
• What: Women’s Day Out
• When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
• Where: College of Business, Eastern New Mexico University.
• Tickets: $15 if they are pre-purchased, $20 at the door.
• Information: 359-1446 or 276-8610.
Participants will be able to choose seven classes from the following workshops:
• How to Design a Room
• Digital Photography
• Yoga and Relaxation
• Belly Dancing
• Container Gardening
• Understanding and Enjoying Your Preschooler
• The Power to Stop Smoking
• Aging in Place
• Weight Training
• Faux Finishes
• Is There Anybody Listening?
• Electrical Safety
• Wedding Planning
• Dish Gardens
• The Seven Cs for Dressing for Success
• Skin Care
• Bernina Sewing Machine Demo
• Weight Maintenance
• What is Hypnosis?
• Personality of Dress
• Caregiver Resources
• Stress Reduction
• Making a Grand Entrance in Your Home
• Window Treatment and Decorating
• Antique Linens
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia: The Basics
• The Dos and Don’ts of Photography
• Adoption Basics
• European Garden Vases
• How to Grow Your Garden of Success
• Picture Framing
• Cardiovascular Disease in Women
• Osteoporosis and Hormone Replacement Therapy
• Women’s Medical Issues
• Natural Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
• At-Home Facials
• Breast Examinations and New Birth Control
• Color 101
• The Power of Photography