Clovis school officials on Tuesday named five finalists for their superintendent’s position.
The finalists are:
• David Briseno, principal at Clovis’ La Casita Elementary and federal programs director for the district;
• Ladona Clayton, assistant superintendent for instruction of Clovis schools;
• William Reents, superintendent of Tucumcari schools;
• Rhonda Seidenwurm, deputy superintendent of instruction for Las Cruces public schools;
• Andy Sweet, former Clovis High School principal and now a Clovis High math teacher.
School board members said they received 11 applications for the superintendent’s job, which came open last year when Neil Nuttall accepted a position with a junior college in Missouri.