Area veterans groups are planning a week’s worth of activities to honor those who dedicated their lives to protecting the United States. Events on the calendar are:
• Tuesday — Open house, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the VFW post 3015, 2815 W. Seventh St.
• Thursday — Breakfast, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the American Legion post 25, 2400 W. Seventh St.; Open house, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 218 Sycamore St.; Flag retirement ceremony, 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 218 Sycamore St.
• Friday — Open house, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the American Veterans, 2003 W. Seventh St.; United States Marine Corps 229th birthday ball, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 200 W. Grand Ave.
• Saturday — Veterans Parade, 10 a.m. on Main Street; Parade awards, 1 p.m. at 200 W. Grand Ave.; Veterans dinner, 7 p.m. at 2815 W. Seventh St.
• Monday — Free dinner, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Golden Corral (veterans and active duty only), 3501 N. Prince St.
Applications to participate in the Veterans Day Parade are available at the Clovis/Curry County Chamber of Commerce and are due back at that office by 5 p.m. Thursday.