Woman treated after house fire

By CNJ STAFF

A late afternoon fire at 1416 Avondale filled the home with smoke and sent a woman to Plains Regional Medical Center.
Firefighters at the scene said the blaze didn’t spread beyond the room where it started.
According to Battalion Chief Jerry Swanson of the Clovis Fire Department, the fire began in the kitchen, around the stove.
“My understanding is we have smoke damage throughout the house but the fire was confined to the kitchen area,” Swanson said.
“The original cause and what started it, I don’t know.”
Swanson said the blaze severely damaged the area around the stove and kitchen cabinets.
A woman at the home was treated for smoke inhalation but Swanson said he didn’t have her name or current medical condition.