Reading sources on east-central New Mexico, Curry County and Clovis:
“Curry County History,” 1978, published by the High Plains Historical Foundation of Eastern New Mexico.
“High Plains History,” 1980, published by the High Plains Historical Foundation of Eastern New Mexico.
“Our Kind is Hard to Kill,” 1997, by Don McAlavy.
“Clovis Revisited – New Perspectives on Paleoindian Adaptations from Blackwater Draw, New Mexico,” 1999, by Anthony T. Boldurian and John L. Cotter.
“1912 Statehood Days – and other Clovis-Curry County Items,” 1972, published by the Clovis-Portales Arts Council.
“Curry County Heritage,” 1975, published by the High Plains Historical Foundation Inc. and the Clovis-Portales Arts Council.
“Clovis Remembered,” 1976, published by the High Plains Historical Press, compiled and edited by Don McAlavy.
“The Clovis, New Mexico, Story,” 1966, by Father Stanley.
“New Mexico Blue Book,” 1998, compiled and published by the Secretary of State of New Mexico.
“We Fed Them Cactus,” 1959, by Fabiola Cabeza de Baca.
“The Public Domain,” 1854-1871, 1965, by Victor Westfall.
“Roosevelt County History and Heritage,” 1975, by Jean M. Burroughs, Temple Padon and Pearce Grove.
“Living Waters – Our Mid-Pecos History,” 1983, published by Mid-Pecos Historical Foundation Inc., President: H.R. Parsons, Jr.
“Quay County – 1903-1985.” 1985, published by Quay County Book Committee, co-chairmen and editors: Mary Lynn Moncus and Marian Farmer Knapp.
“A Mark of Time,” 1983, published by Staked Plains Press, compiled and written by Mary Grooms Clark of Tucumcari, N.M.
“The West of Billy the Kid,” 1998, written by Frederick Nolan.
“The Place Names of New Mexico,” 1996, published by the University of New Mexico Press, compiled and edited by Robert Julyan.
“You’ll Never Miss the Water Until … The Ogallala Story,” 1980, by Morton W. Bittinger and Elizabeth B. Green.
Rio Grande History, Vol. 2, Numbers 1 and 2, Summer 1974, published by the Rio Grande Historical Collections of New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, featuring the article, “Prodigy on the Plains,” 1906-1909, by Tom Pendergrass, a Clovis historian.
Past issues of the Clovis News Journal, 1929-present, and the Clovis News and Clovis Journal, from 1912-1929, all on microfilm in the Clovis-Carver Public Library. (The microfilm alternates in using the Clovis News and the Clovis Journal in filming these old issues.)